From setiquest wiki
setiQuest was created by Jill Tarter's 2009 TED wish of "I wish that you would empower Earthlings everywhere to become active participants in the ultimate search for cosmic company."
The setiQuest project is sponsored by the SETI Institute and it utilizes data collected by the ATA. There will be ways for people to watch ongoing observations, contribute to open source software development, develop and test new signal detection algorithms, and process data in the cloud. Other data will be distributed through social networks for people to see and classify signals.
The purpose of this wiki is to be a workspace for the setiQuest Project, document its information, and to chronicle its history.
Here is a historical list and timeline of the setiQuest Project's major initiatives:
- setiQuest Data (January 2010 - March 2011)
- setiCloud (July 2010 - January 2011)
- Open SonATA source code (March 2011 - ?)
- setiQuest Explorer (March 2011 - January 2012)
- GSoC (April 2011 - August 2011)
- SETI Live (March 2012 - )
- http://blog.ted.com/2010/04/19/seti_makes_radi/ (setiQuest TED announcement)
- http://web.archive.org/web/20130211000811/http://www.tedprize.org/jill-tarter/ (original wish)
- http://www.ted.com/pages/prizewinner_jill_tarter (2nd wish)